Telehealth After COPD Hospitalization (TEACH) Program
Cano Health’s TEACH Program (Telehealth After COPDHospitalization), is designed to incorporate both home visits and telehealth, as part of our in-home management of health status for patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. Satisfaction with the care a patient is receiving is important in maintaining motivation and treatment compliance. A blend of telehealth and home visits can provide an opportunity to improve patient satisfaction as well as quality of life while potentially reducing readmission costs for patients with COPD. As soon as an eligible patient is discharged from the hospital and enrolled in Cano Health’s TEACH Program, the patient will receive home visits alternated with telehealth monitoring.
Cano Health, through its “high touch” TEACH program is actively enrolling patients and improving the lives of our members by visiting them in their familiar surroundings, at home.
- Alert the healthcare team if there are sudden changes to the patient’s health
- Evaluate whether a patient has filled their prescription on time or is taking the medication at the appropriate time: improved medication adherence
- Help the patient link behavior or activities to the onset of symptoms
- Provide education to help the patient understand their disease and how to better manage their symptoms
- Improving outcomes and reducing hospital readmissions can be clearly demonstrated and reinforces Cano Health’s commitment to our patients!