We are entering a new era in the medical industry where value-based care is delivered through an integrated model – and the integrated model itself becomes a powerful differentiator. Some may feel that “care will be a commodity,” but the risk management, individualization, care coordination, and analytics distinguish Cano, as these produce the best health care outcomes and results.
The challenges are plain to see. The American Diabetes Association estimated that total medical costs and lost work and wages for people with diabetes annually is $245 billion. That’s diabetes alone. By forging a deeper, holistic relationship with our members, we not only help improve lives – we also help reduce the tremendous cost burden our nation faces.
To do this, we follow several key principles. We are:
- Patient Centered: We show empathy and treat patients like family. And we all take responsibility for delivering world-class services.
- Service Focused: We show initiative at every opportunity and form enduring relationships with our patients and our colleagues.
- Results Oriented: We value performance and collaborate to succeed as a team.
- Trustworthy & Transparent: We always do the right thing – ethically, legally, and professionally.
- Continuously Improving: We are persistent in our pursuit of excellence.
We have been part of the communities we serve for over a decade – providing primary health care and specialty services to seniors. And as we enter into new communities, we’ll follow our own example: Listen; become part of the local fabric; and find every way possible to help our members live healthy and happy lives.
I welcome you to Cano Health.
– Dr. Marlow Hernandez Cano, D.O., M.P.H., M.B.A., F.A.C.P.